2 x 250g Monkfish fillets
Olive oil, 1 knob butter, Salt and pepper, Lemon juice
12 plum tomatoes deskinned, 2 shallots, finely chopped
60g grated ginger, 5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red chilli chopped, 1 ½ tbsp. tomato paste
3 tbsp white wine, 75g butter, 1 ½ tbsp. chopped coriander
1 ½ tbsp. chopped parsley, Salt and pepper
- For the sauce, place a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the oil. Cook the shallots, garlic ginger and chilli until soft but not coloured. Add the tomato paste and white wine cook for a further 3 minutes
- Add the tomatoes parsley coriander and butter to the pan and gently simmer until the sauce thickens, Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the Monkfish, place a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and add olive oil. Add knob of butter as soon as the butter begins to sizzle add the monkfish fillets to the pan season and then cook until golden on one side.
- Flip the monkfish over and turn the heat right down. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and season the fish with the salt pepper and lemon juice.
- To serve reheat the tomato sauce and divide evenly between 4 dishes. Place the monkfish on top of the sauce and serve immediately.