- 500g Squid – 250g Prawns
- 250g firm white fish fillets – ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped – 1 small onion, quartered
- ¼ teaspoon paprika – 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 slice white bread – 4 slices lemon to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Clean squid, removing tentacles, spine and outer skin. Rinse well in cold water and let drain on kitchen roll
- Coarsely chop prawns. Flake fish fillets and combine with prawns, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Blot squid with kitchen roll to remove any excess water. Use a small spoon to pack each squid with prawn mixture, leaving 2.5cm unfilled at bottom. Secure open end with a toothpick and place in glass baking dish. Repeat until filling is gone. Any extra squid, including the tentacles, can be cut into rings and scattered over the stuffed squid.
- Place tomato, onion, olive oil, the rest of the salt, paprika, wine and bread in a blender or food processor and puree. Pour mixture over stuffed squid.
- Cover dish with aluminium foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes. Serve warm, garnished with lemon wedges.